About – Awards
Secret Lab builds world-class iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android apps and games, and offers iOS developer training in Australia.
We're incredibly proud of our work, and we can't help but show off the wonderful awards and recognition our work has received over the years.
The AIMIA awards are Australia's most prestigious digital industry awards. Secret Lab has been honoured by:
- being a finalist and winning in the 20th AIMIA (2014) awards, for Play School Play Time: nominated for Best of Tablet – Entertainment and Best of Tablet – Learning and Education awards, winning Best of Tablet – Entertainment as well as the overall Best of Tablet!);
- being a finalist in the 19th AIMIA (2013) awards, for Play School Art Maker: Effectiveness, Best Application for a Tablet, and Best Children's awards;
- being a finalist in 18th AIMIA (2012) awards: Foodi, nominated for Best Cultural or Lifestyle, and Play School Art Maker, finalist in Best Application on a Tablet or Mobile.
TASICT Awards and Tasmanian iAwards
The TASICT Awards celebrate Tasmania's finest business talent and achievements in the ICT sector. Secret Lab has been honoured by:
- winning the 2016 Tasmanian iAward for Mobility Innovation of the Year for our work building the Qantas Joey Playbox game;
- winning the 2014 TASICT Award for Best ICT Solution for our engaging and popular apps for museums and education;
- winning the 2013 TASICT Award for Best Software Product for our work on innovative children's applications;
- winning three 2010 TASICT Awards: Excellence in Digital Media, Export Success, and the President's Award for Excellence.
Secret Lab has been honoured by a number of other awards and prizes:
- winning the business category of the 2014 Go South Awards, for our work on the SnapTas app;
- Paris Buttfield-Addison and Jon Manning were jointly awarded the 2010 Tasmanian Pearcey Award, one of the most prestigious awards in the Australian technology industry;