We won a few things...
We're incredibly proud of our work, and we can't help but show off the wonderful awards and recognition that our work has received over the years.
The Independent Games Festival (IGF) is the Sundance of the video game world, and the IGF awards are the ultimate accolade for independent game developers.
We worked on a hit independent game, Night in the Woods, that won three IGF awards in 2018:
- the 2018 Seumas McNally Grand Prize: The Grand Prize is based on the overall innovation, quality, impressiveness, and enjoyability of each the Game, and is the top award for each year's IGF. Only one is awarded each festival.
- the 2018 Excellence in Narrative award: Excellence in Narrative is based on quality and impressiveness of storytelling in a game—including, but not limited to, scenario, plot construction, story, dialogue, and other major factors.
BAFTA Games Awards
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Game Awards honour outstanding creative achievement in the video game industry.
We worked on the hit independent game, Night in the Woods. Specifically, we're porting the game to mobile platforms, and we wrote the narrative engine that powers the game's story, Yarn Spinner.
Night in the Woods won the 2018 BAFTA Games Award for Narrative. We couldn't be more proud.
The AIMIA awards are Australia's most prestigious digital industry awards. Secret Lab has been honoured by:
- being a finalist and winning in the 20th AIMIA (2014) awards, for Play School Play Time: nominated for Best of Tablet – Entertainment and Best of Tablet – Learning and Education awards, winning Best of Tablet – Entertainment as well as the overall Best of Tablet!);
- being a finalist in the 19th AIMIA (2013) awards, for Play School Art Maker: Effectiveness, Best Application for a Tablet, and Best Children's awards;
- being a finalist in 18th AIMIA (2012) awards: Foodi, nominated for Best Cultural or Lifestyle, and Play School Art Maker, finalist in Best Application on a Tablet or Mobile.
TASICT Awards and the iAwards
The TASICT Awards celebrate Tasmania's finest business talent and achievements in the ICT sector. Secret Lab has been honoured by:
- winning a 2017 merit award for Best Tasmanian Customer Service or Solution in an ICT Business, for our work on YarnSpinner and Night in the Woods;
- winning the 2016 iAward for Mobility Innovation of the Year for our work building the Qantas Joey Playbox game;
- winning the 2014 TASICT Award for Best ICT Solution for our engaging and popular apps for museums and education;
- winning the 2013 TASICT Award for Best Software Product for our work on innovative children's applications;
- winning three 2010 TASICT Awards: Excellence in Digital Media, Export Success, and the President's Award for Excellence.
Secret Lab has been honoured by a number of other awards and prizes:
- winning the business category of the 2014 Go South Awards, for our work on the SnapTas app;
- Paris Buttfield-Addison and Jon Manning were jointly awarded the 2010 Tasmanian Pearcey Award, one of the most prestigious awards in the Australian technology industry
- Paris Buttfield-Addison was recognised as a 2016 Gold Disruptor at the Australian Computer Society (ACS) Reimagination Thought Leaders' Summit.