About – Press
Secret Lab builds world-class iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android apps and games, and offers iOS developer training in Australia.
Please direct press enquiries to Paris Buttfield-Addison via email (preferred) – firstname.lastname@example.org – or via phone – +61 487 173 668
- Jobs of the future coming ready or not – The Mercury (Hobart), September 2017
- Australian tech leaders issued this joint statement on problems with sexism in the global industry – Business Insider, July 2017
- It's OK to abandon your project – OpenSource.com, February 2016
- Game gurus real-life transformers – The Mercury (Hobart), January 2015
- Six more of the best startup tips these Australian entrepreneurs ever received – Startup Smart, September 2014
- Tasmanian startups and small businesses describe NBN services “transformative” as rollout slows – Startup Smart, April 2014
- NBN helps Secret Lab's apps see the light of day – The Australian, February 2014
- Secret Lab on ABC 7:30 – February 2014
- Paris Buttfield-Addison: My Best Tech – SmartCompany, February 2014
- My small business: Tassie gamers take on Silicon Valley – The New Daily, January 2014
- Tassie IT firms fuming over NBN Co's refusal to connect their businesses – The Mercury (Hobart), September 2013
- Secret Lab Develops Games and Teaches Others How to Develop Them as Well – Slashdot, July 2013
- Geeks ruling the world – The Mercury (Hobart), May 2012
- Supergeeks here to help – The Mercury (Hobart) April 2012
You can download a zip file containing images of Secret Lab's founders, as well as our logo, and characters, here. You have our permission to use these images to represent us in general coverage, such as news media and Wikipedia, or blog posts, or similar, but you're not allowed to pretend to be us or to pretend to be affiliated with us if you're not. Please treat these images along the same lines as United States style 'Fair Use' law.
Secret Lab logo. Available in black, or white.
Our logo is an Erlenmeyer flask grasped by a hand. This is our primary logo. It is available in black (png) or white (png). The background is transparent. Please use the appropriate version depending on the background colour.
You have our permission to use this logo to represent us in general coverage, such as news media and Wikipedia, or similar, but you're not allowed to pretend to be us. Please treat this logo along the same lines as the United States 'Fair Use' laws.
The company name is Secret Lab. To avoid confusion, please don't call us Secret Labs, SecretLab, SecretLabs, Secretlab, and so on.
Secret Lab "Doctor Science" character.
Our main character is Doctor Science. The primary version of Doctor Science features him in a pose mirroring our logo.
You have our permission to use this logo to represent us in general coverage, such as news media and Wikipedia, or similar, but you're not allowed to pretend to be us. Please treat this logo along the same lines as the United States 'Fair Use' laws. Please use our logo (above) as the primary visual for us, though.
The character is called Doctor Science, not any variant such as Dr Science. There are other poses and variants on Doctor Science you may see around our website and on our social media or products. These variants on Doctor Science should not be used by anyone but Secret Lab.
We're based in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. You can find our mailing address in the sidebar to the right, and the location of our office (by appointment only) is shown on the map below.