We’re running online Swift programming training with our publisher, O’Reilly Media, in a week or two (July 20 and 21, US West Coast time). You can learn more and register over on the O’Reilly website. We’re really excited! Attendees will all receive an electronic copy of our new Swift programming book, Learning Swift.
We offer public developer training, in-house developer training, and a range of comprehensive video training. Currently our training focuses on iOS development with Swift and Objective-C. We will be offering training in game development with Unity late in 2016.
Our iOS developer workshops will teach you how to turn your ideas into a reality. We teach the latest in iOS development with Xcode development, using Objective-C and Swift, Apple's newest programming language. We're experts, having literally written the book(s) on it!
We teach a variety of scheduled workshops around Australia, and can provide in-house training – just contact us. Contact us if you have questions. Price listed excludes GST. GST will be included on checkout.
If you're looking for In-House Training we can private a variety of tailored iOS developer workshops designed for everyone from software development teams to management. Our in-house workshops provide similar coverage to our public training, and can be tweaked to suit your organisational requirements.
- Swift basics, including variables, classes, functions, closures, control flow, and access control
- Get up to speed on Xcode, Interface Builder, and Apple’s developer portal
- Understand the OS X and iOS application lifecycle, and the model-view-controller paradigm
- Work with views, view controllers, layout constraints, and touch and gesture recognizers
- Include graphics, animations, layers, shapes, images, and blend modes
- Make use of videos, users’ music and photos, speech, and the camera
- Work with maps, location, motion sensors, notifications, and TouchID
- Learn about document-based apps, background processing, and handoffs between OS X and iOS
- Store and query files in iCloud, and sync between platforms