We have two brand new books on game development available right now! We’re super excited! Check them out?
We're super excited to announce that we're running another Live Online Training with O'Reilly Media! We'll be teaching game development with Unity, live online, on January 17 and 18 (6PM to 9PM, AEDT).
Later, in February, we're also running another Live Online Training covering Practical AI on iOS. This session will give you a solid introduction to Apple's CoreML and Vision frameworks, and runs February 27 (5AM to 7AM, AEDT).
Beginning with a quick primer on Swift 4 programming, we’ll move quickly to cover a collection of common design patterns used for iOS 11 development. Then we’ll explore the details of Swift and its standard library, including some of the more sophisticated language features, as well as useful algorithms, and UX/visual patterns used by top iOS applications.
We’ll use Playgrounds on macOS, in Xcode, for much of this workshop; Playgrounds are a revolutionary interactive way to work with and learn Swift.
This workshop covers the newest Swift, Swift 4, due out with iOS 11 later this year, along with Xcode 9, the toolkit used for working with iOS apps. More information and signup on the Safari website. This training is free for Safari members.
We’ve been working with some awesome folks to build a great library of training material for game development with Unity.
Here’s what we’ve been working on:
- Designing Games that People Want to Play (on Safari)
- Getting Started with Game Development in Unity (on Safari)
- Developing 3D Games with Unity (on Safari)
- Creating 2D Games with Unity (on Safari)
- Creating First-Person-Shooter (FPS) Games with Unity (on Safari)
- Creating 3D VR Games with Unity (on Safari)
- Creating Narrative Games with Unity (on Safari)
- Just Enough Game Art (on Safari)
We’ve also got some new “Learning Path” videos, exclusively out on O’Reilly’s Safari platform:
- UIKit Dynamics for iOS
- Constraints in iOS
- Table Views in iOS
- Getting started with Swift on the iPad
- The Basics of Designing 3D Art
with Blender and Unity
Our newest books are also available now:
- Learning Swift (on the latest Swift/iOS/macOS) (also on Amazon and Safari)
- The Kerbal Player’s Guide (also on Amazon and Safari)
- Check out our talk “The Mun and Back”, from OSCON 2015 as well!
We'll give you an in-depth introduction to Swift, the new language for developing iOS and OS X apps and services. We’ll focus on the latest stable version of Swift, together with the latest Xcode and iOS. We’ll start by getting up to speed with the Swift language, becoming familiar with its fundamentals, and then explore the details of Swift and its standard library, including some of its more sophisticated features. Using Playgrounds, you’ll get hands-on experience writing Swift code throughout the course.